(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Yep, it’s the annual “let’s see how good your ideas really are” contest. The ground rules are easy, the rewards—at least emotionally—enormous.
Here’s the brief: You own a coffee company, Howards. The good, old-fashioned ground coffee in a can product. However, those new-fangled K-cup machines are starting to hurt your business. But you have no intention of following that path. You believe that coffee truly tastes richer and is more enjoyable when brewed in a coffee maker, rather than spewed from a small plastic cup.
Your assignment, then, is to persuade consumers of the benefits of the traditional coffee brewing methods over K-cups. Be it taste, aroma, the ritual, value, convenience…whatever you think will convince people to choose your canned ground coffee.
The lucky winner will receive an autographed copy of All You Need Is A Good Idea! which , since you will have proven your creativity by winning the contest, will probably not have that much creative value.
The ground rules are simple:
1. Create a headline, or slogan, for Howards ground coffee that is compelling, clever, and will convince people to stick with, or return to, your brand.
2. Do it in twelve words or less.
3. Enter as often as you like, by submitting comments to this blog.
4. Previous winners are allowed—and indeed encouraged— to enter.
5. A jury of completely subjective panelists will select the winner.
6. The contest starts now, and all entries must be received by Friday, March 6, 2015.
Good luck to all.